This research work significantly examines a very interesting area of Islamic law. It is the portion of Islamic law which relate to war and peace. The study focuses on the desire to make a significant contribution to the modern law of Nations, which features inter-alia classical Islamic jurisprudential works and the organizational layout of the work with the justification of the study. As a matter of essence, the work emphasizes global peace and security against the current international hostilities and intra- national conflicts. To achieve peace and security, Treaties with rules governing the conduct of hostilities and the restrictions placed on war by the Law are prescribed in this research work. In the final analysis, from the findings of this study, observations and recommendations are made as the author’s contribution to the knowledge of International Law and humanity in general.
1. Abdur-Rahman, D.O.I.(1980) Basis of Shari’ah. Centre of Islamic Legal Studies, ABU Zaria
2. Al-Fahmi, A. (1990). The 200 Hadith 4th Ed.Cairo.
3. Abdulhakeem, H. (2002). September 11, Before and Beyond. Newith, Lagos.
4. Abon, R. (1958). On War. Garden City, New York. Doubleday.First published at De-Laguerre.
5. Abu Amenah, B.P,Usool-at-Tafseer,(1997),Sharjah, UAE.
6. Abdullah Y.A, The Holy Qur’an, Text Translation and Commentary, (1409 AH/ 1989)Amana Corporation, USA.
7. Abu Sulayman, A. (1987). The Islamic Theory of International Relations Directions For Islamic Methodology and Thought.The International Institute of Islamic Thought, Herndon, VA, USA.
8. Abu Yusuf, Kitab-al-Kharaj; Al-Tibarah-al-muniriyyah (1397 AH/1976), Cairo.
9. Ade-Ajayi, J.F. and Growther, M. (Editors)(1974). History of West Africa, Longman, London.
10. Adeshokan, R.(year). First 100 Hadith. “In the light the Holy Quran and the Hadith” Publishers: In the light of the Holy Qur’an and Hadith, Ibadan, Nigeria,n.d
11. Ahmed, B. M.(1947). The life of Muhammed, Tahrik-i-Jadid, Rabwah – Pakistan.
12. Anwar, A.Q.(1981).Islamic Jurisprudence in the Modern World 2nd Ed, S.H. Muhammed Ashraf Publishers, Lahore.The Concept of War and Peace in Islamic Law - Download in PDF